4. Recruiting and Retaining Restaurant Employees During a Staffing Drought w/ Kyle Wadsworth
Director of Human Resources
The COVID-19 pandemic impacted a lot of businesses, but maybe none more than those in the restaurant industry. With some of the pandemic-related challenges subsiding, the industry is now facing new obstacles, including an ongoing staffing shortage.
We sat down with Kyle Wadsworth, Director of Human Resources at Cafe Rio Mexican Grill, to hear how the restaurant industry is dealing with the pervasive staffing drought—and what impact HR can have on supporting businesses with recruitment and retention.
We also talked about:
- The biggest obstacles the restaurant industry faced during the height of COVID-19—and the ones it’s facing now.
- What’s working—and what isn’t—when it comes to overcoming the challenges with hiring and retention.
- His advice to other restaurants that are facing similar hiring and retention obstacles.
- What he wants guests and diners to keep in mind during the current staffing crisis.
Never miss an episode
Subscribe to be notified when new episodes air!