1. Getting HR right as a small business w/ Kaden Heaton
Fostering a culture of service is one sure-fire way to attract and retain great employees. But what if your small business is just starting out and you don’t have a dedicated resource to help with culture, never mind hiring and other HR processes?
We spoke with Kaden Heaton, HR Manager at Unforgettable Coatings, to glean his insights on how small businesses can get HR right, even when you’re not ready to hire a full-time HR person (hint: self-serve technology is a game changer).
We also discussed:
- What attracted him to—and has kept him interested in—a career in HR (and if you work in HR, you know it’s not the reputation of traditional HR departments)
- What companies can do to overcome common HR struggles, from interviewing and onboarding to training and terminations
- How to use technology to organize and manage your HR processes and policies (and free up your time to focus on the bigger picture)
- Practical tips for small businesses on how to source, interview, and hire the best candidates
Never miss an episode
Subscribe to be notified when new episodes air!