Increasing Employee Engagement through Communication w/ Tamara Jones
Senior Human Resources Generalist
Listen to this episode on:
In this episode, we sat down with Tamara Jones, Senior Human Resources Generalist at the Minnesota Indian Women’s Resource Center, to talk about the rising tide of employee turnover and what small businesses can do to improve retention.
During our discussion, we talked about:
- The impact of the pandemic and other factors on employee engagement and the balance between work and home
- What employees actually matters to employees versus what business owners often think employee’s prioritize
- Why policies and not just perks stand out to prospective employees
- What small businesses can do to retain their current employees and bring in talent that stays
- The role communication and dialogue play at every step of the process when developing policies and practices
- What steps to take to stay ahead of employee satisfaction and applicant attraction trends
Never miss an episode
Subscribe to be notified when new episodes air!