8. Developing Your People with ‘Bluer Than Indigo’ Leadership Principles w/ Dr. Jonathan Westover
Dr. Jonathan Westover
Chair/Professor of Organizational Leadership | Managing Partner and Principal
Can a remarkable leader teach others to be even more remarkable leaders? Can students surpass the teacher? That’s the idea behind Dr. Jonathan Westover’s new book, ‘Bluer than Indigo’ Leadership: The Journey of Becoming a Truly Remarkable Leader.
We sat down with Dr. Westover, Chair/Professor of Organizational Leadership at Utah Valley University and Managing Partner and Principal at Human Capital Innovations, to hear how the color indigo—and a servant leadership mentality—inspired the leadership lessons he wrote about in his new book.
We also talked about:
- What makes the best leaders effective and successful
- How variety makes (or breaks) working in the HR industry
- How to disrupt the cycle of bad leadership principles
- Tips for how HR can coach and mentor leaders to be ‘Bluer than Indigo’ leaders
- How to build a psychologically safe environment at work (hint: it starts by being people-centric)
Never miss an episode
Subscribe to be notified when new episodes air!