15. Developing a Culture of Excellence w/ Marshall Hooper
Director of People & Culture
According to Aristotle, we are what we repeatedly do. And that notion applies directly to building a company culture. More than ever, it’s important to have a healthy company culture that not only helps to attract new talent, but is also a reason why people want to stay at your company.
We sat down with Marshall Hooper, Director of People & Culture at Bullfrog Spas, to understand the role HR should play in fostering company culture. In his view, the future of HR lies not only in being more strategic (i.e., moving away from administrative duties), but also making an impact on culture.
In this episode, we also talked about:
- Why culture is so important and why HR should focus on it
- Where to get started building the culture you want—or shifting the one you have
- How to strategically drive the right behaviors
- Why focusing on building a great culture helps alleviate some of the other issues that come across HR’s desk
Never miss an episode
Subscribe to be notified when new episodes air!