Thriving as an HR Department of One w/ Ryan Archibald
Director of Human Resources
Can HR be an advocate for both the company and the employee experience? Ryan Archibald, Director of Human Resources at Paul Davis Restoration of Utah, thinks so. Over the course of his HR career, he’s seen colleagues fall prey to the dictator trap—when HR alone is the rule maker and enforcer. And how this approach fails every. single. time.
We sat down with Ryan to hear about how HR professionals can be better partners to their leadership team—and operate as a trusted resource, even when you’re an HR department of one.
We also talked about:
- How a friend’s negative experience at work inspired him to get into HR and help people
- How to avoid the “dictator trap”—and instead, be a caretaker of the employee experience
- How to align the HR function with the expectations of your leadership team
- Asking for help, especially when you’re an HR department of one
- Knowing your values (and communicating them) when others want you to cut corners
Never miss an episode
Subscribe to be notified when new episodes air!