Patricia oversees HR at GridStor, LLC. The startup aims to accelerate the transition to a carbon-free, resilient grid by rapidly deploying stand-alone energy storage at scale. Patricia previously worked in Investment Consulting, where she scaled the organization and helped the firm be recognized as the most diverse investment consulting firm in its industry. Before that, she worked in Investment banking, law, Reinsurance, and nonprofits and founded her own HR Consulting Firm. She has a BS in Management from St. John’s University and is obtaining a dual Master’s in Legal Studies and Dispute Resolution from Pepperdine University.
What words of advice and encouragement would you give to someone just starting out in HR?
- Focus on understanding the organizational culture and structure, as well as employee development needs.
- Gain knowledge of employment law and relevant regulations.
- Develop strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to support recruitment and engagement.
- Understand how to use HR data to guide decisions and strategies.
- Keep up with the latest HR trends and technologies.
- Think strategically to develop better recruitment, retention, and succession planning processes.
- Be proactive and organized in responding to employee inquiries and disputes.
- Remain ethical and act with fairness and respect in all transactions.
HR Encyclopedia articles written by Patricia:
No results found.