Kim Bozeman, SHRM-SCP, PHR, RPO
With over 20 years in operations, Kimberly Bozeman, SHRM-SCP, PHR, looks at HR a little differently than your average consultant. She can talk ROIs, KPIs, and P&Ls, and understands that business needs to make a profit to stay in business. Today she takes the best practices from Fortune 500 companies and translates them for small businesses. You’d never send a football team out on the field without a solid offensive and defensive plan. When it comes to running a business, you need a solid operations and human resources plan too.
As a serious football fan (don’t call me during the game!), Kim can coach you on how to build the best team to support your business goals. People are the key to maximizing your profit and your productivity. As the founder of KNB Sensible Solutions, Kim works with small businesses to develop the structures and processes you need so you can grow and scale while staying compliant with all of California’s rules, regulations, and guidelines. Kim holds a BA in Political Science from CSU, Stanislaus and certification in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in the workplace from the University of Southern Florida Business school. Kim is actively involved in her community and is an advocate for social justice. She’s the Deputy Director of the Voter Access Project, advocates for small businesses with the National Small Business Association (NSBA) Leadership Council, and on the Cal-IPGCA Cohort 2022 helping develop public-private partnerships.
What words of advice and encouragement would you give to someone just starting out in HR?
1. You are ENOUGH
2. We all have the capacity to learn; your transferable skills matter
3. Networking can be helpful, but be aware of BAD advice
4. Be mindful of the certification chase; if you want it, do it for YOU
5. Surround yourself with people who believe in you
6. Take time to rest, reflect, but DO NOT GIVE UP
7. Get a Mentor, who believes in YOU, and can help you position yourself, develop your strategy, and tell you the TRUTH.