10. Interviewing Applicants with Purpose w/ Bryce Ericson
Director of HR
Are you interviewing job applicants as efficiently as you can? Are you asking the questions that will ultimately lead you to knowing whether you want to hire someone, or not?
We sat down with Bryce Ericson, Director of HR at Blue Fire Leads, to talk about how to interview applicants with purpose. That is, how to use your interview time efficiently and ask the right interview questions that will establish whether someone is the right candidate for the job.
We also talked about:
- What should impress you about an applicant—and what you shouldn’t hold against them—in an interview
- Why you should iterate on the questions you ask candidates (especially when they’re not helping you narrow down your applicant pool)
- How to assess whether an applicant is a good fit for your company
- How to inject your culture and values into the interview process
- Why it’s important to “sell” your company to the applicant
Never miss an episode
Subscribe to be notified when new episodes air!