13. Driving Employee Engagement and Retention at Your Organization w/ Kelley McCart
Vice President of Human Resources
Maslow’s hierarchy of needs builds the foundation for employee engagement. But meeting employees’ basic needs (like pay, safety, and belonging) are just that—a foundation. And without a solid foundation, organizations can’t expect employees to be engaged, never mind feeling driven to outpace the competition.
We sat down with Kelley McCart, Vice President of Human Resources at J.R. Hobbs Company, to learn why employee engagement is crucial for business success—and what HR professionals can do to help drive better engagement and retention in the workplace.
We also talked about:
- “Why we [organizations] hate HR”—and the lessons professionals can glean from that sentiment
- Why there’s so much talk about employee engagement—and what it really looks like in the workplace
- How to apply Maslow’s hierarchy of needs as a framework for HR
- Why engagement is more than something an employee just has (or doesn’t)
- Practical tips for retaining talent in today’s market
Never miss an episode
Subscribe to be notified when new episodes air!